Friday, July 1, 2011

Playin with PMC

I wanted to share some pieces I made with precious metal clay. I took a rings class ( the second time) with Nancy Miller   nancymillerjewelry.com.



I was thrilled with the end results and came away with lots of inspiration and my head spinning with ideas. That's usually what happens. Now I have a sketchbook next to my bed. I am sure I am not the only one who comes up with great ideas in the middle of the night only to forget them in the morning. Instead of my head spinning with no real sense of direction, I can look at my sketches and focus on what it is I want to complete. If you read my blog or know me, you know that I love my horses. I incorporate what I love into my jewelry. I have an Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/Giggleworks where I hope some of the pieces will sell to help to support my PMC habit. Silver is VERY expensive lately so I need to limit how much I use it. The bracelet I finished yesterday ( pictured) has a metal clay focal  and then I combined it with leather and some sterling. The horse head on the PMC is from a sketch I did. I made a PPP ( photo polymer plate) of it and transferred the image to the clay. I then dried, sanded, fired, patina ed and polished. It sat on the work table for weeks until I was inspired to finish it.


I love the wrap bracelets that are so the rage lately and am teaching myself how to make one. My first attempt is coming out good. I just need to get more beads to finish it. I am going to make some PMC components to add to them. I am also working on making horsehair bracelets. I will post pictures when I get one done. All the horses are wondering why I am following them around with a pair of scissors. LOL!

Ohhhh.....the rings! I am keeping the square one and am finishing the other by adding an image and resin into the frame. That one is going to my Momma.

I'm gonna make more............they were so rewarding to do. I loved the finished product!

No comments: