Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thank You


I was on vacation last week and bought the book "Taking Flight", by Kelly Rae Roberts. I had visited her blog awhile ago , then just got away from it. Anyway, I read her book from cover to cover and took the time and did a painting ala "KRR". Her book was so appropriate for me. I always feel there is something missing and I feel the need to create. I am so absorbed & happy when I am in this place. Unfortunately, I do not always have the time when I am working and carting kids around and taking care of animals. This book made me realize that I am not alone in this struggle. My mind is so busy going 100 miles an hour about everything else, I forget about me and the small details in life. I received a lot of "food for thought" from her book and will refer back to it many times in the future. There is an artist inside of me, there always has been. I just need to find my niche, whether it is painting, PMC jewelry, photography, or a combination of all 3! I haven't posted in awhile, summer has kept me busy and I have been grieving from the death of my Dad in April. A gruff man who I loved deeply, but he didn't know how to show his love to me. All I wanted was for him to be proud of me. I don't think he ever was, because he did not know the real me. I helped care for him that last month and I thought I made my peace with him. Events since his death have now made me wonder. There is no way I will ever have an answer so I will just go on and be the best person I can be. I live to make my kids happy and am trying to pick up the pieces of my marriage and make that work as well.

I read about a woman named Megan on Kelly's blog who has cancer,but insurance has denied her proper treatment.This is a subject close to my heart after loosing my step mom & dad in the last 18 months and now have my sister being treated for breast cancer. Kelly did a wonderful thing and put a fundraiser on her popular blog to raise money for Megan's treatment. I donated what I could. It was not much, as I live paycheck to paycheck. It felt really good to do that for Megan. I just found out I won the giveaway from Kelly. I am blown away! I didn't expect that at all! So Thank You! May we all be inspired to help someone that needs it and know that even doing something small can have a huge impact.

No comments: